Camp Marist is enthusiastically preparing for the opening of camp for the summer of 2022. As was the case last year, we are tuned into the guidance from the CDC, American Camp Association, and State of New Hampshire with respect to operating summer camps amid the continuing pandemic. Our efforts are guided by the principal drive to create a safe and enjoyable camp experience. We are proud of our successful summer in 2021 and we are carrying forward the positive pieces from last year into our plans for this year! A few noteworthy highlights are addressed below.
We do expect to have some procedural adjustments again to prioritize staff and camper safety. As guidance is provided we will update our site with specifics regarding precautions, testing, health screening, program impact, activities plans, sanitization, and the many additional questions that exist concerning this summer. Scroll to the bottom of this page for a more detailed summary of our Covid Policy for this summer. The full policy and signoffs are accessed through your CampInTouch account.
Recognizing the unpredictable nature of the impact of the pandemic, we are again extending a covid consideration to our refund policy for 2022: in the event that covid-specific issues affect your decision or ability to come to camp, we will refund all monies paid, including the registration fee.
We are again hosting monthly Zoom Meetings for parents, where we can connect to address your concerns. These Zoom calls are open to current and prospective families. Reach out to us to request the link if you’re not already receiving those emails.
Next Parent Zoom: Wednesday, April 27, 2022 – 7 pm
(link provided by email)
- Opportunity to meet some of the camp administrative team
- General expectations for summer 2022
- Your questions and concerns
If you are enrolled for the 2022 season, you will get an email with a link to all Zoom meetings. Because of security reasons, we are unable to post this link on a public forum. Feel free to pass the invite along to anyone interested in Camp Marist.
And as always, reach out to our office with any question or concern. We’re here for you and want to give you all the information you need to be comfortable providing what the campers so badly need this summer – a return to camp!
Camp Marist Covid Policy Summary – 2022
The Camp Marist Health Committee and the Camp Administration have developed a comprehensive plan for preventing and managing the threat of Covid-19. This plan is informed by guidance from the American Camp Association, the Association of Camp Nurses, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the NH Board of Health and Human Services, and will be updated as indicated by changes in relevant guidance. The full plan policy and waiver is part of the Forms section for enrolled families, and is highlighted below:
- Campers: All campers who are able to get the vaccine are strongly encouraged to do so. This is the primary public health strategy in minimizing the impact of the virus, and we are strongly recommending that all campers be vaccinated.
- Staff: All staff members working at camp this summer must be “up to date” with their vaccination against Covid-19. “Up to date” means that each person has received all protective doses for which they are eligible.
- Campers and Staff: all participants in the camp program this summer will be tested as follows:
- Within 3 days prior to arrival, complete and submit the results of a negative PCR, nucleic, or Antigen test. At-home tests typically do not meet this requirement.
- At-camp antigen testing on the first, third, and fifth day at camp.
- Positive Test Results
- A positive test result prior to camp will require that the participant delay their arrival until having completed the isolation period as described by the CDC.
- A positive test result while at camp will require removal from the camp program for the indicated isolation period.
- Upon indication of covid infection, participant will be isolated and cared for in a separate sleeping area until a parent/adult is able to get them.
- Masks: Our campus will be mask-optional at all locations.
- Hygiene: we continue to provide time and supplies into our program to allow for adequate hand hygiene.
- Cleaning: cleaning and sanitizing procedures continue to meet all health and safety guidelines
- Covid-19 Surcharge: camp is applying a $100 fee to help offset the cost of materials and supplies in testing, preventing, and responding to covid cases.
- Refunds: in the event that covid-specific issues affect your decision or ability to come to camp, we will refund all monies paid, including the registration fee.
- Waiver: all families will sign a waiver releasing Camp Marist from any liability with regard to exposure, infection, or illness related to Covid-19.